Mobile Phone and SMS Crimes
Communication technology has left no aspect of human life untouched. Even our morning alarm clocks are been replaced by the mobile cell phones. With the advancement of the telecommunication, technology there is increase in cyber crime in the nation. In this world one must never forget the words of FRANSIS BACON that Knowledge is Power because in the world of computers; more you know about computers, the more you will know that you don’t know!!!. Mobile cell phones are just one of it; common crimes associated with the mobile phones where CYBER LAW SOLUTION provides solutions are –
1. MOBILE STALKING: Generally involves harassing phone calls or SMS or images, abusive phone calls, excessive phone calls sending abusive SMS messages, sending excessive SMS messages or Whatsapp images, or Vandalizing a person’s profile image.
2. BLUEBUGGING: This is the attack on the mobile cell phone through Bluetooth. In Bluesnarfing, the hacker can commit theft of all the data and information in your mobile phone using his laptop.
3. VISHING: It includes identity theft like credit cards numbers and other secret information. Scammer calls the victim and by use of his voice tries to extract the confidential information of the victim. We should not be carried away by the lucrative offers or scheme the scammer offers us.
4. MALWARE: Malware enters and functions in the victim’s mobile without his knowledge and perform several malicious activities like usage of talk time, etc.
5. SMISHING: Smishing is a security attack in which the user is sent an SMS posing as a lucrative service that indulges them into exposing their personal information which is later misused. In these attacks, the criminal obtains the Internet Banking passwords, Credit Card details, email id and password, etc.